No one likes to think about themselves or their loved ones passing away; however the relevant legislation requires us to plan well in advance. This means making the necessary provisions now.
There are many tax opportunities available and the earlier arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of the planning opportunities available.
It is important when planning the transfer of an estate that adequate provision is made. Getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight, along with a detailed knowledge of the current tax regime. We provide a discreet, comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- help with planning and reviewing a will
- making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- transferring agricultural or business property
- transferring assets into trust
- arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities.
We also have expertise in dealing with trusts; a relatively easy and very tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside the inheritance tax net. We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting it up and provide the full range of accounting services required for trust management.